The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters supports PROMOTE the VOTE, the statewide campaign to make voting more accessible for all Americans and to pass a Voting Rights Amendment to the Michigan Constitution. For more information go to http://www.promotethevotemi.com or to the LWVMI website.
BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR PAGES AS NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED DAILY.
EDUCATIONAL PRESENTATIONS ON STATEWIDE BALLOT PROPOSALS
Grab a friend and join us!!
- Sept. 22, Saturday, LCC Gannon Office Bldg., 12 noon
- Oct. 11, Thursday, Allen Street Community Center, 7pm
- September 20, LWVLA Fall Kick-Off & Panel Discussion, Four local clerks will discuss the issues they face in protecting the security of our electoral system for 2018. 5:30-8:30pm, All Saints Episcopal Church, 800 Abbot Rd, East Lansing. Light supper. (See Calendar Tab for more information.)
- Wednesday, September 26, 7-9pm. East Lansing School Board Candidate Forum, to be held at the Hannah Community Center. Candidates Committed to Participating: Terah Chambers, Kath Edsall, Noel Garcia, Chris Martin, Kate Powers, Thasin Sardar, Todd Swales.
- Monday, October 1, 11:30-1pm, Lunch with the League, featuring Caitlyn Perry Dial, Executive Director - Michigan Women's Historical Center and Hall of Fame of the Michigan Women's Foundation. She will speak about #Her Story: New Initiatives and Opportunities, at Olga's Restaurant in Frandor.
Click on the Calendar Tab to see all upcoming events!