The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters supports PROMOTE the VOTE, the statewide campaign to make voting more accessible for all Americans and to pass a Voting Rights Amendment to the Michigan Constitution. For more information go to http://www.promotethevotemi.com or to the LWVMI website.
BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR PAGES AS NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED DAILY.
LWVLA Annual Meeting,5/15/19,
This set of slides on the impacts of term limits in Michigan was presented to members of the League of Women Voters of the Lansing Area by Dr. Marjorie Sarbaugh Thompson, political science professor from Wayne State University. IMPACTS OF TERM LIMITS IN MICHIGAN
Environmental Committee - Join us on the path to a lighter carbon footprint, one step at a time...
The ACLU of Michigan filed a brief today urging the Michigan Supreme Court to reject the legislature's attempt to undermine the will of the voters by removing citizen-led proposals from the ballot through an anti-democratic maneuver known as "adopt and amend."
- The 4Rs and the Environmental Consumer
- Clothing and the Environment
- Waste & Plastic Reduction Websites
- WHAT ARE PFAS AND WHY DO WE CARE?
- LWVLA Climate Emergency Resolution
Amicus Brief doc.1 Amicus Brief doc.2 Amicus Brief doc.3
The Michigan Supreme Court hosted an event to raise the suffrage flag on Friday, June 14th (Flag Day) to commemorate Michigan passing the right to vote for women in Michigan 100 years ago.
Thanks to all who participated in "Handmaid's Tale: Abortion Ban Protest", Saturday, June 22nd
Click on the Calendar Tab to see all upcoming events!
- Sept. 21, Gun Violence Prevention Committee Meeting. 9/21/19, 10:30am, Gun Violence Prevention Committee Meeting to be held at the East Lansing Library. This meeting is held the third Saturday of every month.
- Sept. 26, Climate Change Forum. September 26, 7 p.m., All Saints Episcopal Church, 800 Abbott Rd, East Lansing, Climate Change Forum hosted by Environment Committee. Speakers include Jeff Andresen, Professor of Geography at MSU and AgBioResearch scientist serving as the state climatologist; Missy Stults, Sustainability and Innovations Manager at the City of Ann Arbor; and Christian Smith Gaia, lead designer for Sylvan's Neighborhood, a sustainable community and farm.
- Oct. 3, East Lansing City Council Candidate Forum. Oct. 3, 7-8:30 pm, East Lansing City Council Candidate Forum, Hannah Center, East Lansing
- Oct. 8, LWVLA Book Group. 10/8/19, from 10-11:30AM at Grand Traverse Pie in East Lansing, Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and A Mother's Will to Survive, and A Mother's Will to Survive by Stephanie Land